Tony Calvo is an award winning professional guitarist, composer and educator. Born in London (UK) and raised in Malaga (Spain)/Philadelphia (USA), he started playing guitar at the age of 12 and at 18 moved back to London to pursue his dream of furthering his music studies and becoming a full-time musician. He went on to study and train at the London Music School, The Guitar Institute, and the London Arts Consortium.
Since he has performed in hundreds of venues and festivals across the UK (Henley Festival, Green Note, Barbican), has recorded in numerous high profile studios (Abbey Road, Tin Pan Alley, Youtube Studios), collaborated with international companies (Google, DPA, Audient) and been featured in numerous media outlets (BBC, EFE News, Thames TV, Glastonbury Radio, Resonance FM).
In 2019 he won the Lukas UK Latin Awards for the Classical/Jazz and Folk Act of the Year 2019 Award with his multi-award winning guitar duo De Fuego.
Tony is currently finishing the new De Fuego album ‘Hyperfocus’, recording regular session guitars for Underdog Music Productions, composing a guitar album for BMG Productions Music (Alt-Life, Netflix), writing tutorials for Audient.com and composing guitar material for upcoming solo guitar videos.
He is also directs the Epping Forest Guitar Group, runs his own guitar academy, Tony Calvo Guitar Academy, with over 20 students internationally and works from his private recording studio in Epping Forest, London, where he lives.
Looking for some Spanish guitar for a public/private event? Or needing a session guitarist?
Book Tony Calvo by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- London Music School – Guitar Graduate Diploma
- The Guitar Institute/Thames Valley University/London College of Music – BMus (Hons) Degree
- London College of Music – Advanced Studio Techniques Diploma 1 and 2
- London Arts Consortium – QTS Qualified Teacher Status Post Graduate
- University of East London – Mentoring Stage 1 and 2 Post Graduate
- University of East London – Music Teacher Training Education Board Member
- Gerardo Nuñez Flamenco Guitar School – Flamenco Guitar Graduate
- Studies with Shaun Baxter, Eric Roche, Iain Scott, Lee Hodgson, Pete Zeldman, Gerardo Nuñez, Daniel Casares, Manuel Valencia, Javier Patino, amongst many others.
- Tony Calvo Guitar Academy
- University of East London
- Goldsmith University, London
- Spanish Guitar Center, London
- London Academy of Excellence
- SSR Audio Engineering College, London
- Epping Forest Guitar Group
- The Floor Artist Mentor
- Newham Guitars
- Over 20 years of private teaching and workshops
- Lukas Award winner 2019
- BBC FM (Radio Interview)
- Thames TV (Video Interview)
- EFE International Spanish News (Video Interview)
- Glastonbury FM (Radio Interview)
- Resonance FM (Radio Interview)
- Vibe 107.6 FM (Radio Interview)
- DPA Microphones (Live Flamenco Guitar Webinar)
- UK Battle of the Bands (Music Director, finalists)
- Creative Media London (Lecturer/Host)
- The Floor (Artist Feature and Video Interview)
- London Film Festival (Composer)
- Aston Microphones Artist Feature
- Latino Life (Live Performance on ‘Fuerza London’ Documentary)
Audient Artist Feature (in progress)
Audient Tutorials Author (in progress)